CELC & ESW
Carcross Tagish: Trish Baker (work cell: 867-332-0360)
Vuntut Gwitchin: Glenna Tetlichi (work cell: 867-334-5878)
Teslin Tlingit: Lenora Minet (work cell: 867-335-9391)
Community Education Liaison Coordinators (CELCs) and Education Support Workers (ESWs) are often a teacher’s first contact with the First Nations community. They are an integral part of the school community and provide a link between the school and the community. CELCs and ESWs provide several services.
CELCs and ESWs:
• support First Nations students, parents and teachers;
• provide counseling or referrals for First Nations students and/or parents;
• assist with planning and securing resource people within the community for lesson and unit plans;
• provide guidance pertaining to First Nations curriculum content;
• plan and provide workshops and training related to cultural relevancy; and
• act as a liaison between the school and the community.